Navigating the world of tipping can sometimes be confusing, especially when it comes to newer industries. One question that often arises is whether or not to tip a budtender. Should you tip your budtender? In this article, we’ll explore the role of a budtender, how much to tip, and other related topics. Read on to gain a better understanding of this etiquette and how it can impact your experience at a dispensary.
What Does a Budtender Do?
A budtender is a crucial player in the cannabis industry, acting as the liaison between customers and the world of cannabis products. Much like bartenders and baristas, budtenders are responsible for providing excellent customer service, offering product knowledge, and ensuring guests have a pleasant experience in the dispensary. Their responsibilities often include recommending strains and products, educating customers on proper use and dosage, and answering any questions that may arise.
How Much Should You Tip Your Budtender?
The amount you should tip your budtender depends on the level of service provided, similar to other service-based professions. A standard tipping rate for budtenders falls between 10% and 20% of the sale. Keep in mind that this percentage is a guideline, and you should adjust your tip according to the quality of service you received. If your budtender went above and beyond to help you find the perfect product, consider tipping to the higher end of the spectrum. Conversely, if the service was subpar, you might choose to tip less or not at all.
Should You Tip Your Delivery Driver?
With the rise of cannabis delivery services, it’s essential to consider tipping etiquette for delivery drivers as well. Much like tipping food delivery drivers, you should tip your cannabis delivery driver between 10% and 20% of the order total, depending on the service provided. Consider factors such as timeliness, professionalism, and helpfulness when determining the appropriate tip amount. Essentially, if you tip your budtender, you should tip your delivery driver.
How to Get Better Tips as a Budtender
For budtenders looking to increase their chances of receiving tips, here are some suggestions:
- Be knowledgeable: Customers appreciate a budtender who can answer their questions and provide helpful recommendations. Have a few key stats and cool facts on the ready.
- Be personable: Engage in conversation and make customers feel welcome and comfortable. It might be the customer’s first time in a dispensary – make it a wonderful experience.
- Be attentive: Listen to your customers’ needs and tailor your recommendations accordingly. Some people genuinely don’t know where to start, so be open to their thoughts and offer honest advice.
- Be patient: Take the time to explain different products and their effects, especially for first-time customers. Sativa what? Many people are just now learning about terpenes and concentrates, so be patient as they learn about the industry.
- Be organized: Keep your workspace clean and stocked to make the shopping experience smooth and efficient. A dispensary is a retail environment and should look and feel well-organized.
- Be proactive: Anticipate customers’ needs and offer assistance before they ask for it. No need to be too sales-y, but do be sure to greet people with a smile when they walk in.
Treat every customer with kindness and respect, regardless of their level of cannabis experience, and you will likely receive a couple of bucks in the tip jar.
Budtender Tip Jar Ideas
As a budtender or dispensary owner, creating an eye-catching and clever tip jar can encourage customers to leave a tip. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Every Tip Helps Us Stay ‘High’ on Life!
- Rollin’ in the Dough
- Weed Like Your Support
- Budtender’s Bounty
- Puff, Puff, Pass the Tips
- Joint Effort Tips
- Thanks a Bud for Tipping
- Budtender’s Bankroll
- Help Keep the Buzz Going
- Don’t be a Dope – Tip Your Budtender!
You can always leave out a tray of stickers (we know shops always have a huge stack!) and encourage customers to ‘leave a tip, take a sticker’ to further encourage a little extra love.
Join the Party and Sign Up to Be a Limetender
Deciding to tip your budtender is a personal choice based on the level of service they provide. If you feel that your budtender has gone above and beyond with your dispensary experience, then please support them with your wallet. This small act of kindness goes a long way in making these vital cannabis community members feel the respect they deserve.
How would you like to make a little extra cash hustling Lime? Whether or not you’re a budtender, we’d like to invite you to become a Limetender. Earn cash on Lime’s dime by promoting our brand on the side. It’s super simple to get started. Just fill out this short form, and we’ll get you hooked up with a special promo code that you can share with friends, family, and across your social media. Every sale with your link earns you a kickback. Follow the link above to learn more.